How to Strategize Your Social Media Posting Times
As a blogger hoping to reach an audience and make an impact with your content, you should be versed in both social media and content marketing. Content marketing is about knowing how to create content that is valuable to your audience and relevant to your brand. But this may not be useful to your audience if they can’t find it. That’s where social media comes in: knowing the social platforms to best reach your audience is just as essential as creating the content that will keep them coming back. Part of sharing your content on social media relies on selecting the best time for your post to be seen by as many people as possible. But when are those times? Read on to learn how to choose the best social media posting times for each platform.
When Should You Post Your Content?
The best social media posting times for each platform vary slightly. In general, the best times to post for each major platform are:
- Facebook: Wednesday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with consistent engagement happening on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Instagram: Wednesday at 11 a.m., through Friday between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., is good, while the most engagement is Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Twitter: Post Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m., with the busiest times being between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- LinkedIn: Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and at noon, with the most activity occurring between Tuesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
However, it is crucial to keep in mind that the best time to post your blog depends on your desired audience and content goals. Sometimes, posting on a less-busy day can be the best choice for your blog.
How Often Should You Post Your Content?
Once you create your content, you are tasked with promoting it. Now that you know the best social media posting times, you should also consider how many posts you want to share per day on each platform. If you post too much, you risk becoming annoying. However, if you don’t post enough, your audience can forget about you! Every platform is different, so the suggested posting frequencies vary:
- Facebook: preferably once per day, with a minimum posting of three times per week
- Twitter: at least three times per day, as tweets have a very short “lifespan.”
- Instagram: one to two times per day
- LinkedIn: no more than once each weekday
Don’t forget that it is helpful to create one blog post and share your content multiple times across channels. Sharing your content across Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram will allow your post to reach a variety of potential audiences.
Contact Adventure Web Interactive Today
For more tips on how to optimize your web content and drive more traffic to your Facebook page, follow our blog. Adventure Web Interactive offers expert marketing solutions, including blog and copywriting and social media management. Take the stress of planning, posting, and plotting off of your team and contact us online or by giving us a call at (410) 788-7007. To see more information about our team and services, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.