The Must Knows of Facebook Promotions
Are you considering running your own Facebook promotion( campaign) this year? If yes, we are here to tell you about the most important rules to Facebook promotions to allow you a successful and legal campaign for your business’ fanpage.
Why run a promotion on Facebook?
When you run a promotion on Facebook it can help you create a positive buzz for your business, increase fan (customer) engagement, and increase your leads and business’ profits.
The Facebook general rules are under Statement of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook’s general terms.
It is important that you know that Facebook does not want explicit involvement on any contests held on its social network platform. Any business page that violates Facebook rules can be disabled permanently.
What is identified as a promotion on Facebook?
A promotion can be a sweepstake that gives a prize to a Facebook user based on chance. A promotion can be in a form of a contest or competition that gives a prize away to a winner who has won based on a skill of some sort. During a contest or competition, a judge or a group of judges vote on a winner.
No matter the type of promotion you set out to do, you will need a third party to administrate it because Facebook can not administrate any promotion for you.
Here are some do’s and don’ts of Facebook Promotions:
- You cannot select a fan at random to give away a prize because you are using Facebook to collect entries(this is illegal). You cannot contact users on Facebok in any shape or form…this includes email, chat or posting on their wall. You can not post winners on your Facebook fanpage wall.
- You can have a random winner selected and feature him or her on photo on your fanpage naming him or her the winner.
- Your fans can not directly upload photos for a contest on Facebook. A third party must have an app where fans can upload pictures. The app must not be one created by Facebook.
- You can restrict your promotions to only people that like or fan your page but the promotion must be administrated by a third party.
- Yes, you can run a promotion for a contest held on your blog but Facebook can not have any part in the contest. You can safely do this by posting a link from your blog to Facebook.
To properly and successfully conduct your Facebook Promotions, hire Adventure Web Productions.
Here at Adventure Web Productions, we provide full-service Internet development, hosting and web marketing. We also provide traffic to your website and increase your profits by truly utilizing all the crucial social media networks. We can help get your company notice online and offline.