Marketing: The Best Times to Post on Social Media
If you are creating high quality content – don’t you want as many people to read it as possible? Sharing it on all of your social media platforms might not be enough to generate the kind of response it deserves. Certain social media platforms generate higher traffic than others at specific times, so you should plan your posts accordingly. According to an infographic from QuickSprout, the best times to post on social media are as follows.
The best days to post on Facebook are Thursday and Friday. Here’s what you’ll get if you post during the following time frames:
- 1 PM: Post at this time to generate the most shares
- 3 PM: Post at this time to generate the most clicks
- 9 AM – 7 PM: Post between these hours for the most general success
While no day is a bad day to post on Twitter, weekdays generate 14% more engagement than weekends – so Monday through Friday are your best bet. However, if you are promoting a brand, Twitter engagement for brands is 17% higher on weekends and Wednesdays. Here’s what you’ll get if you tweet during the following time frames:
- 12 PM: Generate the highest CTR (click-through rate)
- 5 PM: Generate the highest retweets
- 6 PM: Generate the highest CTR
The best days to post on LinkedIn are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. According to LinkedIn, you’ll have the most success posting during business hours on weekdays. According to AddThis and Fannit, here’s what you’ll get if you post to LinkedIn during the following time frames:
- Tuesdays, 10 AM – 11AM: Generate the most clicks and shares
- 7 AM – 8 AM and 5 PM – 6 PM: Most general success
- Monday and Friday: Don’t! These are allegedly the worst days to post on LinkedIn based on US time zones
The best day to post on Pinterest is Saturday. However, the best time to post on Pinterest for fashion and retail is on Friday at 3 p.m. These are the best times to post on Pinterest:
- Saturday, 2 AM – 4 AM and 8 PM – 11 PM: According to Fannit, pin during these night owl hours for the most general success
- 9 PM: According to SEJ, this is when Pinterest activity peaks
- 2 PM – 4 PM and 8 PM – 1 AM: According to 10Alike, these are the best times to pin
According to TrackMaven, engagement on Instagram stays fairly consistent throughout the entire week. They do say there is a slight increase in engagement on Mondays and a slight decrease on Sundays. Here are some helpful hints if you are a business owner on Instagram:
- 3 PM – 4 PM: Fortune 500 companies are known to post on Instagram the most during business hours, with an overwhelming spike at this time
- Off Work Hours: Instagram followers interact with videos posted by Fortune 500 companies far more during off-hours
The best days to post on Google+ are Monday through Friday, with social media posts getting the most engagement on Wednesdays. What time?
- 9 AM – 11 AM: According to Buffer, late mornings during weekdays are when you will generate the most success by sharing on Google+
Adventure Web Interactive Web Marketing Services
Keep up with our blog every week to learn about the latest social media trends and effective business content strategies.
We offer marketing solutions for you, including blog writing and social media management. That way, you don’t have to worry about posting the right stuff at the right time—we can do that for you. Contact us to see what we can do for your business today! Follow us on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube for more information about website design and social media marketing.