5 Ways to Improve Search Engine Ranking
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the hot buzz word on the lips of up-and-coming businesses and young professionals everywhere, but it should be on your mind as well. If you’re not working to improve search engine ranking, you’re not just falling behind in the game; you’re not even in it. While the concept is simple, the reality of implementing a good SEO strategy can take time, expertise, and hard work. Your competitors are already working on their search engine ranking. Are you? These five ways to improve search engine ranking can help you catch up and make sure your business is visible to potential customers.
- Determining Keywords. SEO is all about making it easier for people to reach your website when they search for a broader term. Imagine that you are a customer searching for the services or products your business offers. What would you type into the search bar? This is a good place to start. Your best options are the keywords with a high search volume, but that’s not enough to really boost your search engine ranking. Check out the keywords your competitors use, and make sure that your list isn’t just full of one work search terms.
- Technical Optimization. During the process of website ranking analysis, software is used to try and understand your content and your website at a basic level. These “crawlers” read through the coding and text that make up your site, and when there are errors in the code or text, your pages won’t rank high. This means making sure there isn’t duplicate content on your site, the URL’s are properly formatted, and title tags are the right length. Basically, everything on your site must be unique, correctly formatted, written to a specified length, and tagged thoroughly. If you’re not an expert, this can be intimidating, but it makes sense.
- User Friendly Design. Search engines have the best interest of the user in mind. Their goal is to give every searcher the most unique, quality, and usable site available. That combination is key during website ranking analysis. This means that it is important to invest in a high-quality site. It is important to strike a balance between the length of your content, the readability of your content, and the ease of access to your content. With that in mind…
- Marketing through Content. Search engines are constantly changing, and every day it seems like you’re on a new playing field. Under those circumstances, it makes sense that you should make a point of revitalizing your effectiveness. Producing fresh content in the form of blogs, guides, e-books, and infographics, is vital to drawing potential customers to your website.
- Social Media. Among all of the other things that are taken into consideration when your search engine ranking is determined, is your social media presence. The key is building a captive audience and forming meaningful connections. You can only do this by getting to know your followers, and producing content or sharing articles that will interest them.
Adventure Web Interactive: We can help you!
SEO strategies are quite involved and can be seriously time consuming. If you are dedicated to improving your search engine ranking, but don’t want to neglect the bones of your business, contact Adventure Web for a free consultation. We are a full service web design and marketing company, serving the Baltimore area.
If you have any questions about Search Engine Marketing, please contact Adventure Web Interactive by calling (410)-788-7007 or by clicking here today! Our friendly staff is ready to answer any questions you may have and help you along your journey to a new website and new opportunities.